CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Soccer 2010

Soccer season ended a couple weeks ago, just in time for the weather to turn cooler. We had great weather for the girls games. It never rained and it was fairly warm even for the early 9 o'clock games. Emma played on the Green Geckos and Katie's team was named the Pink Princesses. It was hilarious to find out each week that almost all of the teams Katie's age were the princesses! Both girls did well and more importantly had a lot of fun. Katie's team is all first time players so you never know if you have good players on your team or not. Two of the girls were pretty tall and one ended up being very fast and very good. So I think after the first game not scoring at all and losing they won the rest of their games. Emma's team struggled at first as well, losing the first game 14-1. We found out later that two girls who were very good didn't make it to the first two games. So with those girls joining and the rest of the team getting better the rest of the season went much better. Emma has learned that she loves defense....and she's pretty good at it as well. Here are a few shots from Katie's game, everytime I took a picture she ended up being behind someone else.
I forgot to take the camera to any of Emma's games. I'll have to remember to do that when they start again in the spring.


Finally....there she is. Katie scored one goal! I missed it, because Emma had a game at the same time so I was with her. The next week I was at Katie's game and Josh wasn't there because he went to General Conference with Julia and his parents. Katie actually had the ball (one of the few times), she was going towards the goal with nobody really near her, I was so excited hoping to see her score a goal and then she ran right out of her shoe! She immediately stopped and look at me like, What happened! I tried to get her to keep going but I knew she wouldn't :0 She just had the funniest look on her face.