CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

3/4 of the way there.

Saturday I went on a 75-mile bike ride. That's 3/4 of the way to my goal of 100 miles on "The 2008 Bike MS Harmon's Best Dam Bike Ride." It is a fund-raising event to promote multiple sclerosis research. If you're interested in finding out more about that you can click here. I'm mostly interested in going on a fun bike ride, and this has given me an excuse to go on a bunch to get ready. ATK has a cycling team and they have a big get-together at this ride, so I'm hoping it will be a fun event. The ride is in cache valley, so Andrea and the kids will get to visit grandma, grandpa and some cousins while I'm on the ride. I did 75 miles yesterday, because it's the last weekend I'll have available before the ride, June 28, so hopefully I'll be ready. At least I'll be ready for adverse conditions, I had to deal with wind, rain, hills, and a hard bike seat, but I made it home after 5 hours of pedalling... and several of rest breaks.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is very impressive. But I know the real reason you chose that ride is the name. Like when we used to like to drive by Folsom Dam so we could all make the usual jokes.

Anonymous said...

I'm preparing for a long bike ride, too, but not as ambitious as yours--a sixty miler on flat land on my sixtieth birthday. Good luck.