CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of School!







Today was the first day of school for the kids.....finally. The girls were more anxious than anyone, including me. I couldn't tell if Matthew was excited or not, sometimes he would act like he was but most of the time seemed indifferent. He has been acting up the past couple weeks, I think out of nerves. It wasn't a normal day for Matthew though. They have the kindergartners go with their parents for 45 minutes and then he has a "show the teacher what you know" time (his teacher said to call it that so they aren't nervous about it.) He goes to that Wednesday morning and then his first regular school day is next Tuesday. My friend, Renee, watched Katie outside on the playground while I was in with Matthew and it was great that she did that. Matthew was being very clingy and didn't want to do anything the teacher told the kids to do but I think he was acting like that because I was there and he will be much better when I'm not there. (at least I'm hoping that is what will happen.) So it would've been a lot harder if Katie would have been with me. There were some younger siblings there and some were fine but others were not fine at all.

As you can see Matthew was not in the mood to pose for any pictures at all. I made him mad when I snapped this one of him.


The girls had early out today so they are home and said they had a fun day. They both have their best friends in their classes so they really like that. We'll see how Katie will be home alone with mom next week!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Today flew by didn't it!! I don't think I accomplished very much! It was fun to stay with Katie, I think she's SO adorable!!! Now I need to get it in gear this week and update my blog...maybe after we get Alyssa moved! :( :)

Heidi said...

I'm sure Katie's going to be missing all her siblings. I think my girls both have the same shirt as Emma. They were really excited to get a shirt with pockets. That's funny that we keep getting matching stuff. I love both of the girls shoes too.