CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kindergarten Readiness

Matthew had his 5 year old check up at the doctor this morning even though he won't be 5 until June. We received a registration packet in the mail a couple of weeks ago for school and I realized that he needed to get all of his shots before school starts. I had forgotten that he needed to get the Hep A shots because those were not required in Kansas. He needs to have two shots, six months apart, and it would be best to have them done before school starts in the fall. The girls had this same problem when we moved here last year, they had one right after we moved and then the second one last summer. So they would probably let Matthew start having only one but I decided it would be easier this way. Well I guess easier for me.....Matthew did not have an enjoyable time. But he was already freaking out when they tried to weigh him, so by the time they needed to do the shots he had been crying most of the time.
One piece of good news is that yesterday Josh noticed one of Matthew's tubes was coming out and the doctor noticed it today and asked if I wanted him to take it out. Of course I said yes, I didn't want to be worrying about it. I was surprised at how tiny it was. He said his ear looks healthy and there are no problems. So I guess we'll look for the other one to fall out soon.

No comments: