CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Chaise is On!

I loved playing on this when I was a little girl. It wasn't the most comfortable thing but I could pretend that I was a princess. I didn't know until a few years ago that my mom left it to me and first it was my in grandma's attic and then moved to my sister's basement. When we moved to Utah my sister was able to bring it down to us and it was in Julia's room for a couple years due to lack of space anywhere else. In February Julia said she wanted a desk so when we got her one this needed to move. Just the excuse we needed to find a place to fix/recover it for us. After many months it is finally finished. (We weren't too sad that it took so long because we still didn't have a place for it.) Josh went and picked it up last week.


Walaaaaaa! Doesn't it look great :) You can even sit on it without thinking it's going to break. If you're clean. I don't know if the color was the best choice with little kids around but I couldn't picture it any other way. Hopefully we'll have a better place for it someday so it's not just stuck away in our bedroom.



3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is gorgeous! And I meant to comment on the first day of school. I can't believe how grown up Julia and Emma look. They are beautiful!

Melissa said...

It is gorgeous! I am so glad you are still using it. instead of letting it sit unused.

Renee said...

Looks beautiful Andrea!!! What a wonderful heirloom, I love how it's finished! :)