CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Put a sock in it!

This was the family expression over the weekend. Josh and Matthew were playing a video game "Smash Brothers" and Katie's favorite characters are Peach and Zelda, the only girl characters. Whenever anyone plays this game someone has to be one of these characters or she will continue to ask for them. Both of the characters were on the screen but she kept saying (screaming) over and over again, "I want Peach and Zelda!" After about a thousand times (that's what Josh says anyway) he finally said, very exasperated, "Katie, put a sock in it!" I don't think it affected Katie very much. She looked at her bare feet and said, "I don't have socks!" But Matthew thought it was hilarious. I guess he had never heard that expression before and just thought it was the funniest thing ever. So over the rest of the weekend everyone, especially Matthew, would say it just to make everyone laugh. Sometimes Matthew says, "Put a sock on it!?" I don't know if he thinks that's what it really is or just thinks it's funnier.
I don't know if everyone has heard Matthew laugh when he really gets going. It is so cute and very contagious, we've had some nights trying to say family prayer where we can't stop laughing long enough for the prayer. We just hope that the person saying it can get it out while everyone else tries to stifle their laughter. It reminds me of my Ricks College days where a couple times my roommates had to pull someone into our apt. from the hall to say the prayer for us because we couldn't stop laughing.

4 comments:

Janis said...

How much fun! Families should spend lots of time laughing together and have some family jokes. I have a feeling you'll be saying this for years to come in your family! Be a beacon!!

Janis said...

P.S. I like the new look of your blog!

Heidi said...

That is so funny! I'd love to hear Matthew's laugh. Now you'll just have to hope Matthew doesn't say it to his preschool teacher or the bishop or something. That would be just my luck.

Anonymous said...

I'll never tell you to "put a sock in it" concerning your blog. It's great to hear and see what's going on. I'll have to find some funny jokes so we can witness Matthew's laugh on our next visit.