CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Workin' up a sweat!

This has been my home away from home for the past few weeks. I had been hoping over the last two years that the weight from four pregnancies would just magically disappear and my stomach would return to it's pre-pregnancy shape. Well of course it wasn't happening and in fact seemed to be getting worse. Last fall I started doing some walking on a trail near our house but then the cold weather set in and I really didn't want to go out in that. Matthew and Katie wanted to go out even less than I did. I knew work out videos weren't going to cut it for me and I figured if I was spending money then it would be motivation for me to actually exercise. So Josh pushed me :), I actually needed the push to start. I joined a gym and have been going 5-6 days a week. I had my first check yesterday and I'm actually making progress. I had weighed myself a few times during the 6 weeks and had actually gained weight! Very disappointing! But they did my measurements and I've lost 1 to 1 1/2 inches in all areas. Yea!! She told me that inches and body fat percentage would go down first for me and then I'll see weight loss. I was waiting for my clothes to fit differently and they didn't seem to so I figured I hadn't made any progress. So now I'm more motivated to keep it up. (But I don't think I'll be running any 5Ks :)

4 comments:

Janis said...

Fantastic, Andrea!

Amanda said...

That is fantastic. I need to follow your and Heidi's example of exercise better.

Dave said...

I have some pregnancy fat to loose too, but exerise is hard and eating is fun.

Heidi said...

I always thought you looked so great after having 4 kids. I look forward to my exercise time because it's the only time when I have a few minutes to myself.